Survival Marketing, COVID-19, and the Restaurant Business.
We have been getting a lot of calls from restaurant operators who are stressed about how to survive this crisis. On the other hand, we have also been getting calls from restaurant operators who are doing well during the crisis. Because of those calls, HotOperator offers ideas on Survival Marketing, COVID-19, and the Restaurant Business.
From an Article in Restaurant-Hospitality about What Your Restaurant Business Insurance May or May Not Cover During Coronavirus
As restaurants have shut down across the United States in response to city and statewide coronavirus-related lockdown mandates, business owners are wondering if this disaster is covered under their business insurance protection plans. And while there is likely no pandemic provision (or exception) in any restaurant’s insurance coverage, business owners are hoping for relief in the global health emergency that could result in economic catastrophe. Read More Here.
Are You Offering Curbside – Takeout – Delivery?
Here are some Ideas for you:
- Participate in the Great American Takeout on Tuesday’s.
- Add Some Humor! Everyone needs some relief. Add a joke to a social media post and create a mini contest with your followers. Offer the best joke gets Gift Card or A Coupon. Make sure you tell them to keep it clean.
- Are you creating special family meals? Post your Family Meal Deals. People are looking for home meal replacement ideas.
- Are you creating a special Easter carryout meal? Add that to your family meal deals. Put together several options for customers to select. Post early and ask for orders in advance so you are prepared. And boost your posts.
- Can your customers order a Gift Card that they can email to a family member, or friend? Offer online Gift Cards that can be forwarded to someone they are thinking about.
Promote a carryout or delivery lunch deal. Customers can order a lunch for themselves and for a coworker who they miss sharing lunch breaks with. Post about mutual lunch, and have your followers order carryout or delivery and then get on a Zoom, FaceTime or Google Hangouts and have lunch together.
Order-In Happy Hour
Offer a drink special with special delivery and appetizers if you can (not everyone can offer drinks, but if you can, go for it). It’s a great time to have a stay home Happy Hour. Maybe host a party online.
Order OrderUp Social To-Go Social Media Program
It’s free and comes with 20 photos and ideas for posts to stay in from of your customers. Keep in mind, as soon as you stop promoting your business, your customers forget you ever existed. To download the program, follow this link!
M+K Laux dba HotOperator is a farm to table marketing consulting firm. Mark and Kelly are a marketing team and managing partners of HotOperator. They have been working in the food business since 1989. Either can be contacted through the HotOperator website, or by calling 800-316-3198. or contact Laux here.